Santa Claus came to town this weekend as Newark marked the unofficial start of the Christmas season. The fun kicked off with the annual Winterfest celebration on the Academy Lawn, which included a tree lighting, roasted chestnuts and music and dance performances. In conjunction with Winterfest, more than 800 people ran in the Reindeer Run, which raised money for Special Olympics Delaware. On Saturday, Santa came to the George Wilson Center for the annual Snack with Santa event.
- Administrators, police grapple with ‘dramatic increase’ in crime at Newark High School
- Three local high schools to perform musicals
- Newark repeals legally dubious ban on stun guns
- Local sports update: Tatnall/Newark wins ice hockey crown; swimmers and wrestlers prepare for championship
- Newark looks to relax restrictions on fraternity houses
- Downes Elementary holds 10th annual Healthy Heart Night
- Annual lunch gives Newark High teachers ‘a little bit of home-cooked love’
- Federal judge dismisses lawsuit involving firefighter deaths
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.