Out of the Attic: Trivits Pontiac showroom

This week’s Out of the Attic item is a 1954 photo of the Trivits Pontiac showroom on Main Street, located in the building that is now home to Cameras Etc. The dealership was later sold and became Nucar Pontiac-Buick-GMC.

Pictured next to the showroom is Inden’s, which was a children’s clothing store. On the other side of Inden’s, but not visible in the photo, was an appliance store also owned by the Trivit family.

Out of the Attic is produced in partnership with the Newark Historical Society. The Newark History Museum is located in the old train station under the South College Avenue bridge is open by appointment December through March.Admission is free. For more info, call 302-234-4145 or visit www.newarkdehistoricalsociety.org. Do you have an old photo to share with Newark Post readers? Contact editor Josh Shannon at 443-907-8437 or jshannon@newarkpost online.com.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
No links. Comments containing links to outside websites will be deleted.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.