Dover — The Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) announced that the Interstate 495Web site has been upgraded to include details on the upcoming overpass "flyover" project near Christiana Mall. The updated Web site, www.i95.deldot.gov, also offers information concerning all projects along the Interstate 95 corridor in Delaware.
The main page of the site features a map of the entire Interstate 95 Corridor through Delaware. Along this map there are points indicating the various projects currently underway. When hovered over, each project point provides an area view of the project, as well as a menu of different options on how to gain information about that particular project.
Clicking this link, the user will be taken to the particular project Web site allowing them to access information such as animated graphics, artist renderings, construction timeline information, as well as a lot of other useful information.
In addition to providing project information, at each exit within Delaware, the site has a link that provides a map detailing each specific exit configuration.
Since its opening in 1962 by President John F Kennedy, the roadway has experienced heavy volumes ranging from 100,000 vehicles around the Newark area to nearly 240,000 vehicles through Churchman's Marsh in the summer months.
The Interstate 95 program has defined projects to manage congestion, accidents, pavement conditions, safety and air quality. The program is a multi-year, multi-project effort that has included work at:
- http://www.deldot.gov/information/projects/jfk_mem_hwy_improvement/CR-SR7/overview.shtml" target="_blank">Churchman's Road/SR 7 Intersection (Completed 1999)
- http://www.deldot.gov/information/projects/jfk_mem_hwy_improvement/CRB-i95/overview.shtml" target="_blank">Churchman's Road Bridge over I-95 (Completed 2006)
- http://www.deldot.gov/information/projects/jfk_mem_hwy_improvement/sr896-i95/overview.shtml" target="_blank">SR896/I-95 Improvement (Completed 2007)
- http://www.deldot.gov/information/projects/jfk_mem_hwy_improvement/i95-mainline/overview.shtml" target="_blank">I-95 Mainline Widening (Completed 2008)
- http://www.deldot.gov/information/projects/jfk_mem_hwy_improvement/newarktoll-i95/overview.shtml" target="_blank">I-95 Newark Toll Plaza Highway Speed E-ZPass Lanes (Start April 2010)
- http://www.deldot.gov/information/projects/jfk_mem_hwy_improvement/sr1-i95/overview.shtml" target="_blank">SR1/I-95 Mall Interchange (Start Spring 2011)